Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peek into 2012 Challenge: Yeah, gonna keep it to maybe 12 or 14 in 2012

I looked back on this challenge and decided that 30 was way too many, and 20 is also a lot of folks to keep track of. I think I now want to keep the challenge in 2012 to 12 or 14 tops motivated folks who'll stick out 14 weeks, no matter the outcome.

So, yeah, 12 to 14 challengers. Hopefully, no drop outs.

I think this will help us all be able to support each other MORE, as we're less spread out. Might even include an emailing portion, though that's the least of my interests. :)

There are a few people I will give an automatic in if they want in all due to their active and supportive status during THIS challenge: Julie and Betty and Angela, for three. You guys commented a lot on people's blogs. You checked in and were accountable. You wrote encouraging posts. You worked on issues. Angela co-led with me--and I'd love to have you assist with the next one, too, if you're willing. Julie offered a prize made with her own hands. Betty is a total newcomer, as far as I know, to me and to challengers, but she's been zipping along, doing great and being a cheerleader.

I also appreciate the good attitude and general positive notes you've added. And Angela's needed kick-in-the-hiney posts. Hey, I like cheery folks. :)

You were, imo, total assets. You guys want in, you're in.

Others in this challenge have been terrific, too, and I thank all of you who consistently cheered us and encouraged us and comisserated with us when weeks sucked. If it weren't for the different kind of "vision" that I have for the 2012 challenge, I'd say, "Come on in, EVERYONE." But it likely won't be for everyone. It might be just what some of us need, though. :)

I already have  two other slots requested and approved from folks who weren't in CDCC. That's five . With me, that's six. So, basically, half of the slots are gone.

If I see a lot of interest, I'd probably stretch the challenger roster to, maybe 16 or 18, but the truth is, I think it will be more valuable for the challengers if it's a smaller group that's willing to put more energy into each other's success.

And maybe it's not even a challenge. After all, I'm not asking for breakneck pace, huge losses, total overhauls--though anyone who wants to try for that, God bless you. I've got your back!  It's about focusing on 14 weeks of making progress, however you define that health/weight/fitness progress. As long as it's measurable via multiple methods--scale, tape measure, fat calipers, BMI doohickey, muscle-to-fat ratio, dress size, medications no longer needed, flexibility--that's it. Just asking for measurability. Goals are motivating when MEASURABLE. Specific. Trackable.

Okay, so that's where I'm at now. Not long after CDCC ends, I'll start a new blog for the 2012 challenges and post the rules. It will be more demanding than this challenge in terms of accountability. I will likely leave a longer check in window (maybe 3 days, instead of 1.5 to 2). But I will be stricter in terms of late check-in.

Like this challenge, barring vacations, emergencies, laptop failure, or power outtage, etc, if you don't check in within the window, you will be OUT.  I will set up a system for check-ins for those who will be out of town, having procedures, etc. Everyone will have to check in, and I will have more than just a scale for check-in, so that vacationers and others will have a way to be accountable when the scale is not at hand. Hint: Yes, buy a tape measure. Keep it around. :D

It takes a lot of time and energy for me to set this up and stay on top of it. And I have. So, I hope that I will continue to be able to be dependable in this way for the challengers. I want to be encouraged and encourage and make progress with you! But since this DOES take energy, I need to make it smaller and more stringent.

Still, even if only 6 or 8 want in, I'm doing it. We six or eight will see April 2012...stronger, leaner, and hopefully wiser and more "in the groove" with our health.

And that's that for now. Have a great Tuesday, and dream beautiful dreams for yourself. Dreams you can realize day by day....




13 comments:

  1. If you end up having room in your 2012 Challenge, I would love to be a part of it! :-)

    Challenges REALLY keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to participate in your challenge again if you have room. There are several more goals I need to officially set and really focus on. I hope there is a slot left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too please. The CDC has been GREAT for me and I'd really love to join the next challenge!! Pretty please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in Mir. I need the challenges even with this one not being focused on the scale but the tape measure and size. Not sure how that will go for me. I also want to have a running goal and more. I have to work on that.
    Anyways, thanks for the for sure in and I do like the smaller group idea though if anyone still wants me to visit and support I will be there.
    Take care and have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please count me in. I am no quitter & this group of ladies is AWESOME...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want in if there is still room!! Challenges are a great motivation & yours has been the most helpful to me in multiple ways so I'd love to e part of any & all future ones:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd LOVE to participate in the next challenge if you'll have me! Being part of this challenge made ALL the difference in getting my butt moving and getting the first 35 pounds off. I'd like to continue with you awesome girls for the next round of butt kickin' and soul searchin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that I didn't do a good job this time....unexpected trips as well as a wedding and trip to my kids in calif messed it up but good....so i will understand if you don't want me....i will still check out you guys and hope everyone does well. i'm at 50 pounds down and hope to lose another 45 in 2012....and I need to finish reading my book. Its been a good run and I've enjoyed reading everyones blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If youll have me, I would love to participate in the 2012 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super interested in the next CDC, I really appreciate the support system. Keeps me on track especially with the -100lb deadline approaching in June (May or may not make the personal goal, but reach for the stars, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd be interested in doing your next challenge! I will need it. I like the sorta hard core, really accountable nature.

    And as an aside - Beautiful dress and it is going to look fabulous on you. I like the lace on the arms. Sexy, but not naked arms. Isn't it amazing how far you have come and how absolutely terrific you look?! I love Christmas Dress Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was too late by the time I found your CCDC so I joined up to Thursday's Child and her CCDC. We have one week left, it's been my first real online challenge (after not being able to make it through the STS of Debbie's earlier in the year) and I feel so proud for sticking it out through the highs and lows. I would love to join a new challenge.

    ReplyDelete