Thursday, November 17, 2011

Prizes for Challengers: One from Julie's Big Heart for Your Slimmer Body, One From Amazon for Your Brain to Help Your Body.....Will you win one, both?

We're winding down....downhill side of the challenge. I hope you are making progress that pleases you. I hope you are learning from your reading (the challenge-required element of some helpful book or books) and from other blogs. I hope you are being supportive of some/many/all of the challengers. This is what it's about--learn about yourself, help others as they learn about themselves, in order to get healthier and fitter.

Now, Julie had offered a custom-made jewelry prize. Here is a photo to show you  the kind of stuff she creates. You get to pick colors that match your CDCC outfit, if you wish. Julie is one of the most wonderful souls I have met on the internet. Her good cheer, lovingkindness, optimism, and amiability are truly outstanding. So, I think whoever wins this prize will be delighted, not just cause it'll be purdy, but cause it will be made with love and grace and the most positive of vibes. :D

Because it is Julie's prize and she is very big on being supportive, that prize will go to whomever is selected by challengers as the most supportive challenger during this challenge. Excluding Julie, natch.  Hah! So, I'll be conducting a simple email vote OR maybe just allow a "thanks to my most supportive challenger ---insert name here--" comment in a blog entry. We'll see on that.

For now, think about who has supported you the most during this challenge--in comments, emails, both. It's a way to say "thank you" to someone who took a lot of time and care in helping others.

That's Prize One. Jewelry, custom, full of grace. A social person's gift. :D

~~~

Prize two comes from an INTJ (me) and is therefore cerebral and introverted.

I really value the information I've found in certain books, workbooks. I'm especially impressed by the compression of scientific information in a readable and visually-aided format that is THE SMARTER SCIENCE OF SLIM.

If nothing else, it gives you some lay-person friendly science about obesity/weight loss. It's accessible. So, I want to give away a copy of either the book itself or the workbook. It may be possible for the winner to access it in December and read it for inspiration not to go nuts during the holiday madness, but for sure, by its release in January.

Winner can select the book or the workbook. I pre-ordered the workbook already, and it's a 5 week program endorsed by UCLA, Harvard Medical School, and John Hopkins. Good credentials, there. . :)

Neither is cheap. Both are more than 20 bucks, and the workbook is, well, virtually $30...but I think it might be of use for those who have lost, or are losing, or have lost and want to find a way to work with their metabolic issues.

The winner of my prize has to live where Amazon will ship. Sorry, but I'm sending it from my Amazon Prime and it has to be eligible for that. If you are in an area not served with Amazon Prime, um, sorry. :(  

If the winner already has these books, then we can discuss an alternative INTJ-approved prize. Hah!

As Julie's prize is for the most supportive challenger, mine will be for the most enlightening challenger. I'll take votes on which challenger's blogs were most useful with tips, strategies, recipes, insights. The challenger that helped you have epiphanies or see the light or gain ground. The one that really hit on things that you needed to learn or work on. I and Angela, as challenge leaders, are excluded from this, but all the other challengers are in the running. Go for it.

Votes will be taken some time during next month, probably the last couple weeks of active challenging before the end on Dec. 18th. I'll give particulars in a post LATER. BUT...I want you to keep your eyes open and your memory active. Remember who was most supportive. Pay attention to who is most supportive. Look to who is most enlightening to you. Remember and vote for those two categories.

And if you want to win the prizes, then get cracking being supportive AND enlightening. Heart and brain. You need both to win the fat fight, right? So, prizes from heart and for the brain.

It is possible for one person to win both. One person may end up being the most inspiringly enlightening and the most encouragingly supportive. And I guess that person gets a shiny golden halo, too.  ; ) 

Do not give up. Do not lose heart. Keep learning. Keep going...NO QUITTING!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice prizes! I wish everyone could win both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's only if PRIME (no shipping expense for MOI) delivers to Paraguay. :) Of course, if it's the e-version (for a Kindle), doesnt' matter where, I guess. :D

    ReplyDelete