Saturday, August 27, 2011

What You Need To Do In This Challenge --and here's where you leave a request to join, if the rules don't scare you and you understand I'm limiting the number...and it's not first come, first admitted. :D

NOTE: If your blog is on my blogroll to the right, you are IN the challenge.
IMPORTANT: READ THE RULES CAREFULLY. There's lots of stuff YOU will be responsible for to increase the chances YOU succeed. Read the DO-ITS with good attention. Understand what you need to do. K? :D

The challenge is shaping up this way:

Time Frame:  Sept 11 through Dec 18--that makes 14 weeks.
Three months. Will require an informative and target-specific initial post on day one (September 11, a Sunday). Will require weekly updates on Sundays.

Leader: Me, and the lovely Angela Pea to assist and be rah-rah right hand cheerleader.

Sign up period: now until I say done, but definitely no later than Sept. 7. Decide promptly.

Rules: Yeah, we've got rules. Behold:

~~~~~Challenge Do-Its~~~~~~

PRIORITY #1 "Do-It" : Get a smaller sized dress.
You could buy the dress or just find a pic of a dress you want--in a smaller size (the size you're aiming for) and use that as your daily motivation. Post a pic of the dress (if possible) in a before and after. At least a pic of the dress alone. Just for kicks.  Fit into it by December 18, in time for Christmas festivities.

DO-IT: Select a caloric daily limit on which you (and I) can lose weight weekly.
You choose your caloric level. Just choose one that gives adequate room for nutrients while burning off fat. It doesn't have to be a LOT of loss a week, but it will add up. It just has to be enough loss to get you to your dress size goal.
Note: My approval of your participation is not an endorsement of your eating plan. I figure you're a grown-up, you know you need nutrition and minimum amount of calories to get through a busy day, and you can choose something sound for yourself. If at any time it looks like you're doing something odd/E.D./dangerous/insane, I  might well ask you politely to bow out of the challenge and consult a doc. And I'll remove your name from the blogroll.

DO-IT: Exercise a minimum of 3x a week.
Do whatever exercise you like best and will help you reach your body goals. Lift weights, walk, do Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, anything. You pick it, but do it faithfully.

DO-IT: Strive to be consistent with healthy challenge habits.
Let's place a high value on consistency--no wild scale yo-yoing in 3 monts. Do day in and day out those positive things that lead to weight loss, improved fitness, and a smaller dress size. This in contrast to eating like mad for three days, then trying to make up for it before weigh-in. That is not a healthy habit. Not for 3 months & not for life.

DO-IT: Hydrate sufficiently.
If you're big and not drinking  A LOT of fluids daily, you're probably not adequately hydrated. Trust me. Thirst can seem like hunger.

DO-IT: Choose 1 (or more) books and work on your main obstacle-to-losing issue(s)
Whether what keeps you from losing weight/being consistent/getting to that dress size won is emotional, stress-related, financial, psychological, and/or spiritual, find a helpful book(s) and address it. Blog at the level you are comfortable about it, even if it's minimal. But you might help someone else, as we often share issues.. Your choice of read. Three months to work on it. Let's do the work.

DO-It: One initial post on September 11, 2011 with pertinent challenge goals/info INCLUDING STARTING WEIGHT (the number, yes.)
This will be the first challenge post and one that includes 1. your starting weight, 2. the size of the dress you're aiming for (can be a guess, adjusted later, if you haven't bought it), 3. the name(s) of the book/workbook you'll be using to work in your particular issue(s), 4. the caloric limit you've set for yourself, 5. the type of exercise(s) you plan to do (at least 3x a week), 6. an (optional) photo/pic of the dress/clothing item  (one already bought or ad image or whatever), 7.  and how many glasses of water/fluids you plan to consume daily (even if it's just a starting guess and can be adjusted later). Ditto with calories: You may start off at a number that doesn't let you lose or is too low and can adjust later. Just need initial stats to serve as YOUR GOALS/TARGETS!

DO-IT: One update post a week--ideally on Sunday, but Saturday's fine-- with weigh-in plus one other post any other day you wish.
Challengers should blog at least twice a week on weight progress or issues or setbacks or epiphanies on the journey to fit into that dress. One of those posts on your blog is to be the official challenge update which will include the actual weigh-in result (as in the actual WEIGHT NUMBER, no fudging, no excuses). Feel free to take pics of the scale number, do progress pics. That's up to you. But ONE number ONCE a week: required.  I think posting more often than just 1 challenge update can help you focus on your goals. Maybe one mid-week to keep your mojo going would be helpful. Let's try 2x a week minimum.

DO -IT: Link up to your weekly updates. I'll figure out how to do a linky here ON THIS BLOG, or I'll ask you to add the link to the comments section TO THE WEEKLY CHALLENGE CHECK IN post. Either way. Link up. HERE. Once a week. With the link of your weekly update's url (Not your blog "home" url. Your update url.)

DO-IT:  Be supportive.
Support other challengers as your schedule makes possible, but every week, maybe visit at least 3 challenger blogs and leave comments, especially if someone is struggling. Make email chums with those really simpatico with you, even. It's up to you how much you do, but do some back-patting and support and cheering.


LAST BUT NOT LEAST DO-IT: Do not quit.


Other suggested, but not required, goals:

Use your online gift.
~Whatever your BLOGGING PERSONALITY GIFT is, if it's doing Quick-n-Easy recipes for healthful whole foods, if it's reviewing products, if it's tips on staying at lower calories, if it's cheering people on, if it's making people laugh, if it's spiritual exhortation, if it's hunting down studies/research to share, if it's motivating people, if it's trying out new forms of exercise and writing about it, if it's making artful badges to share with bloggers, whatever your gift is, USE IT IN THIS CHALLENGE when you blog/comment. Help the other person with what you have in your arsenal.

Become a Quick Bounce-Back-er
~Accept setbacks and make them just momentary; brush ourselves off, pick ourselves up, and start all over again, without self-loathing and self-retaliation; to forgive ourselves and MOVE ON towards the prize of a smaller dress size and better health.

Use the weeks from now until September 11 for prepping
~Clear the house of junk foods and temptations. Get your "obstacle-busting" book(s). Prepare your exercise schedule/equipment/DVDs/workout wear, etc. Find a dress/outfit or pics thereof. Buy the groceries you need the days before the challenge begins. Make a meal plan, if you're of that sort of organizational bent. Decide how you'll track your calories (online, in a notebook, in your head, on your blog with pictures, on a digital recorder). Figure out how to get your adequate fluids (have a system or you'll forget). Get family support. Join WW. Join the gym. Buy walking shoes. Just do your prep-work.

Don't Forget Your Leader Is A Frail Human
~I screw up just like everyone. I don't know everything. I get tired. I want to not blog many days. I have a hard time with caloric limits like most folks. Some days, I'm really cranky and don't wanna exercise. I need support, too. I have to use tools to overcome my issues, too. And when I fall, I'll feel even worse than YOU, cause I'm trying to rah-rah and be a good example. Don't judge me harshly. Don't be mean. Help me, too, make progress. :)

Check With Your Doctor and Pros as needed
~Some folks out there have medical issues or have never dieted and exercised--or haven't in ages. If you haven't done any exercise in ages and are overweight, might wanna visit your M.D. and get checked out. If you plan to radically change how you eat and have meds/medical conditions: See your doc. Any doubts about your health: see your doc. I see mine every 3 months, and I keep her informed of my dietary/movement/supplement changes. When I needed exercise help, I hired a trainer. When I needed a diet tweak, I saw a dietitian. I believe in going to the pros if you get to a point where you, alone, can't handle it. See a pro if you need it. Just saying...

Work On Having Faith In Yourself
~Believe it. We will be able to make progress toward that smaller Christmas dress. All of us. Believe it. If you doubt your ability to lose fat and gain strength and increase fitness, you will fail. HAVE FAITH IN YOUR ABILITY TO CHANGE habits and slim down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More long-winded stuff, cause that's how I roll:

Focus on new habits and consistency OVER quick-drop, crash dieting. Habit change is the only way to KEEP that smaller dress size you'll have by Christmas.

If you're starting at 300 pounds, you should be able to lose a lot weekly if you stick to a proper eating and exercise plan. If you weigh 160, you may lose much slower, but you will make gains with consistency. It's all about keeping at it FOR LIFE.

If you stick the challenge out and work on food and movement and issues with consistency, you can do something like one of these below:

~Lose 1/2 pound a week, and you lose 7 pounds. Go model perfectly that "almost fits" dress
~Lose 1 pound a week, and you  lose 14 pounds. Fit into a new dress size.
~Lose 1.5 lbs a week, and you lose 21 pounds  Fit into a new dress size, or even 2 down.
~Lose 2 pounds a week, and you lose 28 pounds. Fit into a dress two sizes smaller.
~Lose 2.5 pounds a week, and you lose 35 pounds. Two sizes plus down, you say?
~Lose 3 pounds a week, and you lose 42 pounds. Wow, what the heck size is that you got on? You are a different person!



Challenge weigh-ins will be officially on the Sundays of the challenge period. You can post on Saturday, you can post on Friday. But NOT Monday.

If you know life will be busy, post SOONER than Sunday your weight and update and insights and tips and anything else. But you MUST WEIGH IN BY END OF SUNDAY Eastern time, as that's my time and I want to see the group progress). 

If this is a problem for you (ie, EST Sunday), or Eastern time confuses you, then post Friday or Saturday on the hour of your choosing. :) Just NOT after Sundays. (Well, with rare exceptions, cause life will interrupt with surprises.)

Okay, between the last post and this one, you have an idea of what I'm planning:

1. weekly weigh-ins, with a number, no exceptions
2. developing consistency habits for a lifetime of stable lower weight
3. looking hot for a particular dress (hence, get a dress or plan to get a dress) If you prefer pantsuits, slacks and tops, whatever. It's a Christmas outfit of your choosing--dress, slacks, suit, sarong, grass skirt, coat, Ren Faire costume, Mrs. Santa disguise, anime cosplay outfit, whatever. Smaller size is key.

I think this has covered plenty and gives you a good idea of what you need to do.

If your name is in the blogroll to the RIGHT, you're in the challenge. (If I added your name by mistake, let me know to remove it.) These are folks who were already in previous challenges with me this year and completed phases/challenges. I know they can do the "no quit" thing, so they get priority.


Please leave your name under this blog post if you're interested in joining this challenge. If I know you from when you were in DDDY and completed at least one phase, or you completed the StS challenge, consider yourself in. Just let me know which challenge I know you from and put your blog url (the blog you'll use for the challenge.)

If you weren't in DDDY or Slimmer This Summer, then feel free to ask to be added to the other list. Leave your blog url.

And as a final word/disclaimer: We're all adults in this. No one underaged allowed. And you accept responsibility for your choices (food, activity, books, programs followed, etc). What you do is what you choose to do and you join freely and absolve me of any distress that might arise. I only mention this cause, well, there are weirdos everywhere. This challenge is for motivation and support. I am not your guru or doctor or best friend forever. :) This is just a blog challenge and you take full and due responsibility for all outcomes if you join. Not on me. Okay?

Later.

47 comments:

  1. I haven't participated in DDDY or StS because I'm a newish blogger (though not dieter!), but I would love to join this because 1) I think a Challenge could be fun, supportive, and motivating, 2) I very much plan on NOT quitting and keeping up good habits... but a little boost here and there could be greatly appreciated, and 3) I probably read everyone's blogs already, and would be happy to leave comments. With all that said, I 100% understand that it would be a little unwieldly if a million people joined, so if there's not room I will still read blogs and happily do some cheering on the side. :)

    My url is: http://thekeeptryingblog.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for your time! Good habits and holiday accountability aren't easy, but definitely worth striving for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to join your challenge. I'm completing the STS challenge tomorrow even though I'm not going to make my goal. I already have the dress I want to fit it for my son's wedding next summer. I've just started weight watchers and I'm really enjoying it. Let me know if I qualify ;O).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm interested in joining this challenge although I wasn't apart of any other challenges, mainly because I didn't know those challenged existed and ran in to your blog in the middle of StS. Whether or not I'm officially "in" I'm still going to do this for myself because I want and need to. It would just be nice to be a part of it.

    Thanks a ton!
    -Elina aka w0rld at http://w0rld4vamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting this together. I need a challenge to be kept accountable. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, I started the STS challenge and am one of those that didn't finish it. Not sure what happened to me. No excuses.

    Anyways... I've already lost 82.2 lbs and need to lose 19.2 more. I know I can do it by the dates of this challenge. I just need this challenge to "challenge" me. (if that makes sense). I started at 231 lbs and weighed in today at 149 lbs. My goal is 130 lbs.

    I'm not sure what I need to say to get to be "accepted" into this challenge but I know that I WILL NOT QUIT! You have my word. I'm not here to play games. I'm here to make some life changes.

    My name is JoNita
    http://jonitaweightloss.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be part of this challenge. I have started a couple other weight loss challenges, one right before my mom passed away and one directly after my dad passed. I guess I wasn't ready then because I dropped out of both.

    Now I have been diagnosed with the same obesity related illnesses that killed my mom. Fortunately, my doctor believes I can turn them around.

    I can't quit this time. I don't want to die young.

    I hope you have room for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mir!! I'm good meant that YES! I'm good with the rules, and I'm good to go!! Gotta find a dress for real...all of my dress up stuff is now way too big, even my most favorite dress of all time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. How will we know if we are "approved" to be in it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, I'm scared of putting the number up as the last few weeks have not been kind. My fault of course and it will be quite humbling. I love that you are doing this! I can't think of a dress off hand but I have a winter jacket that belonged to a friend that I want to fit in this winter! I'll take a picture of me in it at some point and HOPEFULLY by the end of the year it will fit properly!!

    Can you add email notifications to your blogs? It's a gadget on blogger and it's easy to put in and it will let people subscribe via email. It's easier for me to have posts come in via email rather than for me to go through my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If your name is on the blogroll, you're in. I was in a good mood post-dinner and as of 11:51, everyone who posted here requesting to be added that was on the wait list, is now officially in. It's now 11:51 pm Eastern Time...so if you asked to join and your name is not on the blogroll, let me know. I must have missed ya, somehow, with these aging eyes of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so ready for this... I have made it through the STS challenge and I am smaller despite setbacks. I am changing my life and I do not plan on stopping now. I am committed and welcome support & accountability. Please email me at stormyvawn at yahoo dot com to inform me if I am in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    I just completed the STS challenge and posted an 8 pound loss. However, I weighed in only once a month. I am a very slow loser, work hard at my lifestyle changes, but my body responds slowly. Weighing in weekly is just not for me. It is too frustrating. It is your challenge and you set the rules, so if that is one of them then I will pass on this challenge. I do know a dress that I would like to get into, which would be a nice focus for me. Are you doing a dress size challenge or a weight loss (pounds off) challenge with this next initiative?? Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to be counted in. I completed the 5 phases of DDD Challenge (did not participate in Phase 6), the STS Challenge, and last year's Hot 100, 100 Days of Summer, and others. I do not quit. I want to lose 10 more pounds, which are the hardest, as we all know. I will find a dress. I will post my weight weekly, support others, blog regularly, and accept all other requirements and rules. I have room for improvement in all areas of my life, and I always have my nose in a book, usually diet or nutrition-related.

    I have to get this weight off and maintain it through the winter. I hope you will accept me as a participant. If so, I am looking forward to getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mir, this looks fabulous and I would like to be a part of it. Sundays are an awesome day to do the updates. I finished STS all the way through.. I am about to do my final weigh in and post here within the next hour. I have been looking for dresses for Vegas in 6 weeks, now I'll look for another one for the holidays! I would love to wear a dress and not look pregnant in it.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. Mir, if you're still looking for someone, I'd be happy to be your co-pilot, researching, posting interesting information, cheering and keeping track.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jo, you've been in since you posted on Happy Weight After. Look at the blogroll right.

    April, I'll add you in sec to blogroll. I was hoping you'd join. :)

    Angela: You're my co-pilot! I'll figure out how to add you to this blog, too, in case that's needed in future. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michelle, yeah, I'd like to have the whole group do the weekly weigh-ins and updates. Weekly weigh-in habit is good for maintenance--this is one reason I stress this. You might LOSE slowly, but you might GAIN quickly, if ya get my drift. Weekly (or daily) weigh-ins are a way to check for both issues. Up or down.

    If that's a real bummer for you--like too stressful--then,yeah, skip this one. But even if it STAys THE SAME...staying the same for a slower fat-loser is a victory over regaining. Even if you lose 1/5th of a pound, that's a good rate for you, yes? I'm always happy to step on the scale and see even 1/5th down. :D Anyway, up to you. But yeah, weekly updates/weigh-ins.

    And the dress/outfit/clothing item is the motivator. The visual motivator. The one you can try on to see if any progress is made, even when the scale is slow. I've had times when scale was a beeeeyotch, but items of clothing FIT BETTER.

    OK, hoped that answered what was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH ME!!! I did Slimmer Summer!! Id love to join if you'll have me!1 Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. YEAH!!! I didn't even have to ask. And I have the red dress I wore for my first Christmas with Jim 32 years ago and I want to fit into that again. That would be awesome (I haven't made my wedding dress yet so really I have two dresses I'd love to fit into).
    Oh yes please put an e-mail notification thingy like Debbi asked, it would make updates so much easier to read. I did it so I know anyone can.
    I've been bad so my first scale reading isn't going to be good. I am not maintaining very well. I haven't learned yet so back to the weight loss I go. It's not easy, the maintaining plus with my camping and parties and ....... well I just haven't been good at all. For me September 1st was the day I was going to start over so I'll be ready for your challenge when you start.
    Thanks Mir, promise to do my best. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have not participated in either but would love to join this challenge. I have been on weight watchers since the second week of Jan. 2011 and weighed in at 212 lbs I just weighed in on Saturday and am now 168 which means I have lost 44 lbs already my goal weight is 150 and I would love to have this challenge and all the other ppl in the challenge help me to achieve that goal. I am a great motivater and I know i can do this while helping ppl who may hit a bump in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ^ my url is http://3chicksonwws.blogspot.com

    Thanks you so much and I hope i can join everyone in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need some motivation to keep it up during the holidays now that StS is over. Here is my blog:

    http://ahippowithaheadband.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. One Chick AND Jeannette, you're added to the challenge and the blogroll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need another challenge so I would love to join. This one works great for me cause I return from Vegas on the 7th & that gives me a few days to try to get rid of anything left of what I gain there, which I'm hoping is 0 but I'm a realist:-) I would love to fit in a size 18 cause I actually have a lot of pants from about 8 years ago when I did and I won't have to buy any... LOL. My blog is http://upinthecosmos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. If there is still room - I would love to join the challenge! Already have my plan and diet. Ready to be challenged now!
    http://thinchicblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay .... if you'll take me, I'll join. I need the challenge for myself so I can keep reaching for success. I don't dress up for holidays much anymore because I don't go out but it's an incentive to get something nice and to go out and have a blast. Whether I'm in or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to be part of the challenge! I just started weight watchers, and back to boot camp, so this challenge comes at the perfect time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Laryssa, you've been added.

    ThinChick and Squerrytx--you are on the "under consideration" waiting list. I've checked out your blogs. Thank you for your interest in joining. ThinChic--you blog regularly and want to address your eating issues, and that's a plus. Squerry, there is no consistency of blogging on your blog, and you're new to WW, so I'll recheck through the next week to see if you keep plugging at it. My main consideration for folks who have not completed challenges is" will they stick it out" for the 3 month haul after the first flush of motivation fades. I want you to reach your goal for your wedding (nice engagement pics! Love the by-the-tree" one).

    Thanks, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want in!

    I'm trying to drop a good 50 lbs before I move to NY next June and this would be a great opportunity to get this motion started! Just started a new semester with swim class and dance class two days a week and just signed up with a personal trainer for the other three. I need something to keep me accountable to more than just myself. (lordy, I'm so gullible, I believe MY OWN excuses. heh).

    blog: http://nanettesthejuicytruth.blogspot.com/
    (it's tied to my private email account, not this one).

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey, nanetter! Just visited your blog. You're now on the "under consideration" wait list. Thanks for your interest. I want to see if there is consistent blogging between now and the "add on" deadline. Consistency and "not quit" are big with me for the consideration. Your blog is newish and your last blog was on Aug 1, almost a month. You lost steam. I hope you re-invigorate. I'd love to see you reach your goals!!!! You're young and deserve to get to your optimum-health weight to support a great life!!! I'll recheck the blog on September 8th, when I see if I have space to add on the folks on the "under consideration" wait list. THANKS, again, and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just found your blog about a week ago, and you've got me so inspired to give it another try that I'm throwing my name in the hat for this challenge! I was 275 last summer and am now 261 through small changes and inconsistent exercise. Every day I do a little bit, and have gotten pretty good at making my lunch and bringing it to work. I'm working hard at waiting until I'm hungry to eat, and just beginning to stick my toe into the emotional reasons why I am fat. I'm 45, and I'm losing the ability to avoid weight loss for "later."

    I may not get into this challenge because, although I've been blogging for a few years at http://bluehillstead.blogspot.com/, I just started a new blog for this journey - yesterday, and it's hard to show consistency and not quitting-ness in 2 days! I'd like it to be private-ish though, so I've added your name, and will be happy to add other names from this group. The new blog is at http://toujourschangeant.blogspot.com/
    Even if I don't get in this time, I'll be working right along with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, I'm actually not a reader of your blog, but your challenge was suggested to me by CarbieGirl. I would love to join in if you have room. I have big plans for weight loss during the next three months, and I would really like to be able to achieve those goals in a positive environment that a challenge would provide. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jillian, visited your blog. YOu've been blogging consistently for months and consistently posting your weight for a spell. Good. Your're in.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello my name is Octavia and I'm currently 178pounds,I would love to lose 40 pounds. I'm new to the blog world and dieting with others,I have been unsuccessful by myself so I hope dieting with others supporting you will be successful.I try to stay positive with everything I do and anyone I come across.if there is anything I can do to bring more good cheer,smiles,and laughs to this group I will be more than happy to.I hope I get accepted and achieve my goal while helping others achieve theirs:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi I am Becca. I learned about your challenge through a few other blogs I follow. I started my weightloss journey in June. I am currently doing the medifast program. I would love to be involved in this type of challenge to make sure I get my workouts in and to have an excuse to buy a new dress!!! my blog url is http://24nomore.blogspot.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi I'm Natasha from My Journey to a Better Life. I've decided to move my blog and would appreciate it if you would change my info on your blog roll. The new address is http://luelueslife.wordpress.com/

    I'm doing this so it's unknown to my real life friends and family. I want my blog to be a place where I can be totally honest and up front with the things I'm going through and what I'm feeling and thinking and sometimes it might be because of them. I want to be able to vent openly and share my true weight and other things like that.

    I hope you understand and don't mind doing this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello, I have never seen your blog. I actually found this challenge through Jillian's blog. This challenge sounds like the perfect thing to kick me in the butt with my weight loss. I have been a slow loser so far, but I hope to change that and make a significant dent in the weight loss with this challenge.
    Thanks,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  38. Natasha, I made the blogroll change for ya!

    Becca, I visited your blog and am impressed by your accountability and consistent blogging. Good for you. You're in. I'll be adding your name to the blogroll shortly.

    Betty and Denise: I need urls for the blog you will use in the challenge.

    I asked folks in this blog post to leave name and blog url--and I asked pretty clearly. PLEASE, if you want in on the list/challenge, follow the rules. I made one exception, for Jillian, who also didn't post a url, but it set a bad precedent. It doesn't bode well for "following the rules" if this is how it starts, right? ; )

    If you didn't leave your blog URL on the request, rerequest and do so, and I will place your names on the wait list or visit your blogs to assess your continuity/consistency/etc. If you really think you cannot stay on a challenge for 14 weeks, please don't enter. This is serious and only for folks willing to make the commitment UP FRONT. Perfection is not required. Commitment is. BUT...if you're really totally ready to commit to the journy, please, request. Name/url. No more exceptions. :-)

    Thanks, and will check back.

    Later...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, sorry about not leaving the URL, There was a lot to read in your blog and I just spaced out on that part. It is http://denisedoeslife.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I use http://www.inlinkz.com/index.php for my linky each week. It's free still and pretty good. I can walk you through how to set one up if you need me to. Darryen8808@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello,this is Octavia,and I'm sorry I forgot to leave My URL ,I am really determined to lose weight and better myself I can be a very positive person And I can be great motivation to others

    T2komommi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hey again,
    I posted last week wanting to be in this challenge. I had started a blog just for this, my weight loss journey, but had kept it private. I think I figured out how to be more public, so I wanted to repost with the link to my (now public) blog, hoping I can get into the challenge. Here it is! Http://toujoursChangeant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. May I join? I've been planning to lose 43 pounds by Christmas and have set up a blog dedicated to that. I'd planned to start blogging on Sept. 10. If accepted, I will follow all the rules of the challenge very faithfully. Thanks for your consideration.
    Megan
    reinventingmegan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. reinventingmeg.blogspot.com is correct. Not the one I posted above :)

    ReplyDelete